Thursday, June 3, 2010

Nine Days and Counting...

So I thought I looked huge in the pictures I posted at nine months, but boy was I wrong! My belly is so gigantic at this point. I keep getting comments like, "I can't imagine that being a small baby." Being that I'm not naturally a large person, I am pretty shocked that I get so big when I'm pregnant. I thought I wouldn't gain as much weight as I did with Mollie either, but again I was wrong! If I go a full 40 weeks I will definitely hit the 50 pound mark again. I am so swollen I can barely bend my ankles or walk for that matter. Jeremie isn't home at the moment to take a picture of me, otherwise I'd post a picture to prove it. I'll have to have him take one tomorrow and I'll post it then.

I was supposed to continue working through tomorrow afternoon, but I got to work today and realized that I'd hit my breaking point. The decision to leave today came after spending all evening with contractions and then not being able to sleep through them for the first hour and a half after I went to bed. After they finally died down I was able to get to sleep, but woke up every hour on the hour after that until I got up in the morning. I am totally worthless at work at this point, so I decided to just be done! I am so happy about it, too!

I had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday. She told me to make another appointment for next Tuesday, but she didn't think I'd make it until then. I sincerely hope she is right. I can't imagine making it all the way until my due date. However, babies have their own agenda and don't cooperate with what we want all the time. Praying that I can mentally handle it as long as God intends for her to be in here!

2 comments:

  1. She'll be here before you know it! I hope it goes by quickly and that your aches and pains are minimal. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete