Sunday, May 9, 2010

Eight Months



So, I'm almost nine months pregnant and obviously a little behind in getting my monthly update posted. Nevertheless, here is a picture of me at about 8.5 months.

My baby related growth started out a little on the slow side this time, compared with my growth from Mollie's pregnancy, but made up for lost time this past month. At 33 weeks I had an every-other-week doctor check up and was unhappily surprised with a weight gain of six pounds! I was pretty depressed about it, because I had been doing so well. Right after that appointment I started noticing a lot more swelling, which instantly made me nervous about developing toxemia again. But so far, it has just been a little bit of swelling and no high blood pressure. I am very thankful for that!

Also, I was put on full bedrest at 35 weeks with Mollie, due to the toxemia, and just had to take off my wedding ring today at 35 weeks, 1 day with Gabbie. So, although I have gained more weight than I would have liked, I still am in way better shape than I was with Mollie.

Our good friends just had their second baby this week, which has made Gabbie's impending arrival quite a bit more real to both Jeremie and me. It put me into full-on nesting mode, because I don't feel ready at all!!! I have a super long list of things I want/need to get done before she arrives. Obviously, none of it really needs to be done, but I am pregnant and really feel like it does! :) My goal is to be completely ready in the next three weeks so I can relax about being prepared for the last couple of weeks, just in case she makes her appearance early. We will see what happens! :)

1 comment: