Friday, November 13, 2009

Baby #2 is in the Making!


About six weeks ago I started having MAJOR food cravings (pizza!). When I would sit down to eat, I wouldn't be able to touch a thing. A classic pregnancy symptom!!!

That night, while Jeremie and I were getting ready to put Mollie to bed, Jeremie urged me to take a pregnancy test. (I wasn't excited to take one, because I had just tested four days earlier and got a negative result.) I used the same generic Walmart test that I used with Mollie and was familiar with the readings- plus sign for positive, minus sign for negative, and a neutral test line to indicate that the test was working properly. The outside packaging was exactly the same as always, but the test itself looked different. I didn't think much of it as I watched for the result. Immediately I got a test bar line (good, it's working) and a "minus sign". So I said to Jeremie, "well, it's negative". He responded with a large sigh of relief, even though we were both surprised. Of course I bought the "three pack" and had the rest of the package to put away. As I was doing so I happened to notice the reading directions on the box- one line for negative, two lines for positive. So this time I said, "oh my goodness... I read the test wrong. I'm pregnant!" I never thought I'd be one of those women who reads the tests wrong, but boy was I surprised!!! I am one of those women!

Just like with Mollie, we were not quite planning a baby yet. But again, we are very excited and thankful for this little blessing. (And I'm very thankful to be able to get pregnant without trying, instead of enduring the pain of infertility. I can think of few experiences in life that would be more painful.)

We had our first ob appointment this morning with ultrasound and all. We got to see a nice, strong heartbeat. (The doctor says it was about 150 beats per minute- boy???) The doctor dated the baby at nine weeks, six days gestation, giving me a due date of June 12, 2010. We are having the same doctor with this pregnancy as last and feel so good about it. I feel like this baby and I are in such good hands.

Keep checking my blog for pregnancy (and Mollie) updates. I'm sure there will be many to come!!!

5 comments:

  1. We are so happy for you!
    I think it will be a boy! Xavier's BFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray, it's official! I love first ultrasound pics! 150's huh...hmmmm, don't know, for some reason I still think girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayayayay!! Glad the first appointment went well!!! Can't wait to hear more updates as the pregnancy progresses :) My next visit to the dr is on Monday....I'm excited to hear the hearbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Duuuuudddddeeeee Arrrrrgggg Marrrriiiaaahhh & J-dogg CONGRATULATIONS GUYS!!! I am such a butt, I didnt even get a chance to talk 2 Jeremie today!!! Man...the t-shirts are PERFECT!!! Thanks 4 all the Great comments Mariah & definitely all your prayers too!!! GO PATS, GO Army & GO SUPER-NEIGHBORS!<><

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I am very excited for you and your family. I had a feeling you were pg after your H1N1 post claiming to fit into the high-risk group.

    ReplyDelete