Saturday, February 20, 2010

This Baby Needs a Name!!!

"Baby Sister" is about as close as we have come to an official name for this little bundle of joy. Before our ultrasound I told Jeremie that I wanted us to come up with a girl name, just in case, so the baby would have a name as soon as we knew the gender. Because we were having such a hard time coming up with something Jeremie suggested that we wait until we knew if we needed a girl name. I agreed, because I was so sure it was a boy. And here we are, 16 weeks to go, and Baby Sister is no closer to a name than she was a month ago. The search is on!!!

I started by checking out babycenter.com's list of top 100 names. Aside from the most popular names, like Olivia and Ella, there isn't much there that Jeremie or I like. From that list our top choices are Lucy (for me) and Jordyn (for Jeremie). I have also looked at other naming websites, but nothing has been helpful.

Recently, I picked up a name book from a friend. It has over 50,000 girl names! I hope to be able to find something that both Jeremie and I love. (And yes, I am doing all the naming research- Jeremie doesn't read AT ALL!)

Our naming requirements are:
1. It has to flow with Mae, because that will be the middle name. (My grandma's middle name.)
2. We would love to pick a "J" name so that the baby has both of our initials, just like Mollie June.
3. We like old-fashioned, traditional names that are timeless. Unfortunately, names like this are currently popular.
4. A name that is at least 50 or lower on Top Baby Name lists. Anything higher than that will be too common.

When we have some new ideas I will be sure to post them. Meanwhile I will be reading, reading, and reading some more!

2 comments:

  1. Here's some of J names that I like.....
    Jenevieve
    Jacquelynn
    Johanna

    Good Luck on your search, you guys will find the perfect name that fits her just right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have friends that named their daughter jovie. i love it. so stinkin cute! so that's my pick ;)

    ReplyDelete